Monday, June 17, 2013

What I Baked on Sunday

Arugula and Goat Cheese Edition

I have been on a huge arugula kick lately, using it in salads and mixing it with pasta. I bought some goat cheese recently and decided to mix the two together. These are my two favorite combinations to date.

Pasta with Goat Cheese, Roasted Broccoli and Arugula
I couldn't decide if I wanted to make Eat Live Run's Roasted Broccoli and Goat Cheese Pasta or Martha Stewart's Lemony Pasta with Goat Cheese so I combined the two recipes. I added in sautéed red onions and subbed arugula for the spinach. The melted goat cheese made a delicious creamy sauce that was very light, especially with the lemon juice and zest. This might be my new go to pasta dish for summer. 

This is the perfect summer dish - very light and filling. I loved how the arugula wilted when mixed with the hot quinoa. I followed the recipe to a t and served it alongside broiled tilapia and sliced tomatoes. I'm already looking forward to having the leftovers tonight.

What's your favorite goat cheese and arugula recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment