Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lately

I had the best time at home last week. It has been over a year since I have been home for longer than a night so I took advantage of the extra time by tackling some projects for mom, catching up with friends and family, and baking up a storm in the kitchen. Friday night, we had a small dinner party to celebrate my birthday. It was so fun to have the whole family together plus a few additional people. 
The hydrangeas were gorgeous.
Saturday morning we got up and headed straight to the farmer's market. Mom buys all her produce there and it puts the store bought stuff to shame. I need to take more advantage of them in DC.
Latte made with love.
After a walk, mom and I headed out to see my old horse who we sold my senior year of college. I wasn't planning on riding but his new owner wanted me to, so I hopped on in my workout clothes (thankfully my old trainer wasn't around because she would have killed me). It was just like old times and it made me miss riding and my horse so much.
Saturday night, we celebrated the marriage of Frances and Joe. Both the ceremony and reception were at our family farm, where my cousin got married, my sister had her reception, and my other cousin had her rehearsal dinner. It was fun to be there as a guest with no responsibilities and to see how each event is orchestrated differently.
Congrats Frances and Joe!
Sunday, we had a few visitors stop by before we headed back to Charleston. We celebrated my birthday that night at one of my favorite restaurants 39 Rue de Jean. It was the perfect ending to a perfect week!
ML's instagram bday wish to me.
This was probably taken 22 years ago!
These are just a few glimpses of my week at home. Now I am back in DC where the birthday celebrations are continuing!

No comments:

Post a Comment