1. Two weekends ago, Claudia and I headed to Beaufort for Waterfestival. I originally thought about recreating Norris 09 with a big group but it was nice to have a low key weekend at home.
3. I was under the impression that the summer was going to be slower in higher ed. While I've certainly taken my fair share of vacation, my to do list just seems to grow. At one point last week, I couldn't see my desk. ML suggested that I fill my champagne glass.
5. They finally finished straightening Main Street. The only problem is that all that parking spots are now for parallel parking. It's comical to watch some people try to park.
6. My allergies have been going crazy the past few days. I don't know what could possibly be blooming in this heat but something is.
7. I went through my calendar earlier this week marking move in day, work events, weekend getaways and weddings. It's going to be a busy fall but I'm looking forward to it.
8. With the start of the semester right around the corner, I'm thinking that it may be time to resurrect the Fitbit. Now I just need to find it. I'm hoping work will run more challenges this year.
9. I finally downloaded the 1989 bonus tracks and have been listening to Wonderland and You are in Love on repeat. No shame here.
10. Happy Friday!
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
I was honored when Laura asked me to help coordinate her wedding day. She had a clear vision of what she wanted and was such a calm bride-to-be. We had the most fun discussing all the details and before we knew it, the big day had arrived.
It was a such a special weekend and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it. I can't wait to see what all the Lord has in store for them!
We kicked off the wedding weekend with the rehearsal dinner at the Back Porch on Friday.
Saturday morning, I met Laura's mom bright and early to start decorating the Lodge at Lake Bowen. I loved the wreath that they made for the alter.
Her dress was stunning.
It was neat to see how everything came together the day of.
After the ceremony, with the happy couple.
Their cake with the sweetest cake topper.