Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Veggie Rice Bowl

From Our Kitchen To Yours
I'm excited to be linking up today with Charlotte from Laws in the Lowcountry to share a recipe! Charlotte is a good friend who moved to Beaufort not too long ago. It was so fun going over to her house for dinner while I was home. You can check out details of that dinner on her blog: pasta recipe, table setting, and dessert. I would highly recommend both the pasta and dessert! Now on to my recipe...

I have a confession to make: I've been sitting on this recipe for months. My mom cleaned out her recipe binder a while ago and sent me a whole bunch of recipes she thought I would enjoy.
I love getting fun things in the mail!
One of the recipes was Cooking Light's Summer Veggie Rice Bowl. I made a huge thing of it and was set for the week. It is a complete meal but you can easily add grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp for more protein.
source
Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled to room temperature
1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup torn fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups chopped zucchini
1/2 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved

  • Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss until well blended. 
  • Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
  • Add zucchini and remaining 2 tablespoons oil to rice mixture; toss. 
  • Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve.

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I love a good vegetarian meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look sooo good! I will definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessssss this looks SO good. Glad you approved of my recipes! Hope you found some new ones to try too! I made parmesan tilapia with spicy brussel sprouts with corn tonight and Tyler was going crazy over the fish!!! Need to post that one next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved looking through all the recipes! Please post the recipe. I want to know how you made your brussel sprouts!

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious! Found your blog through Charlotte's link up and will definitely have to try this! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete