Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What I Baked on Sunday

Easy Appetizer Edition 

Hot Sausage Balls
I made these for the hospitality table at church. The recipe is pretty straight forward: hot sausage, cheese, and Bisquick. I made my own baking mix instead of buying a box of Bisquick. Note to self: when a recipe calls for a brand name, use it. Mine didn't exactly turn out like they were supposed to but they were still good.

Cheese Biscuits
I made these for some friends for Christmas.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups of extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups Rice Krispies

Cream butter and cheese. Sift flour and seasoning. Blend into butter mixture, mixing well. Add Rice Krispies by hand. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment