Monday, December 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

Friday night was a much needed night in. Between crazy days at work and plans every night last week, I was pretty worn out. I spent the evening cooking some delicious squash (recipes to come) and catching up on some TV shows. I also received a fun little surprise when the mailman knocked on the door and brought me this:
Christina from Hungry Meets Healthy hosted a Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownie Giveaway a few weeks ago and I won. I can't wait to try them.

Saturday, I spent the day playing Santa and baking. I made one last run for gifts and was able to cross everyone off my list. I had way too much fun listening to Christmas music, wrapping presents, and making fun things in the kitchen.
I also went to three Christmas parties - somehow I made it through the night without taking a single picture. Oops. 

Sunday, I was in charge of the hospitality table at church. Normally, we serve pastries, cookies, and nuts but yesterday we turned it up a notch by serving waffles. They were a huge hit! I could not have done it without my team. 
After church, I headed out to Alexandria to get ready for the Christmas Party/Art Auction we are having tonight. I think the donor was impressed when I pulled up to the storage unit in my Explorer. He asked if I hunted and fished. I said, yes along with nannying and riding horses. I don't think I could ever have a compact car. 
I finished out the weekend watching the prayer vigil from Newtown. It felt weird having a normal weekend, while people in Connecticut and elsewhere were grieving. I cannot even imagine what they are going through. I just pray for their strength and healing during this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment