Friday, December 21, 2012

Fun Facts Friday

1) I have been a day ahead of myself this entire week. It didn't help that we had an event on Monday night which threw off the rest of my week. Tuesday felt like Wednesday and Thursday felt like Friday. But now, it is finally Friday!

2) Our event on Monday was a Christmas Party/Art Auction. I bought myself a painting that I am super excited about. I hung it up right when I got home. It is one of my first big girl purchases. I know that sounds kind of silly but it was fun to treat myself to something I will most likely keep forever.

3) I have spent more time in the car this week than I have in a long time. Between driving back and forth to Arlington and Alexandria for various reasons and running errands in the district, I have covered some serious ground.


4) I also discovered that I can't get anywhere in this city without missing at least one turn. No trip is complete without my GPS telling me it is recalculating or to make a legal U-turn.

5) My girls Bible study is shrinking. We said goodbye to both Abianne and Elise as they head back to Texas. Thankfully Abianne will be returning at the end of her "study abroad."

6) In less than 12 hours, I will be home! Lord willing that is. I have an evening flight out of DCA then an hour and a half drive to Beaufort by myself. I thought I found someone to carpool with but that fell through. So if anyone wants to keep me company between the hours of 10pm-midnight tonight, call away. I will be available.

7) Instead of packing last night, I poured myself a large glass of wine and curled up on the couch to watch White Christmas. I just love that movie so much. It wouldn't be Christmas without me watching it at least once.

8) When I finally did get around to packing, I fit nine days worth of clothes in a carry-on bag. Let's hope I didn't forget anything major. Fortunately, bathing suits take up way less room than sweaters.

9) I can't wait to spend a whole week with my family in the Keys. It has been quite some time since we have all been together. I feel like I haven't seen my sister's husband in forever.

10) I hope everyone travels safely this weekend.

11) Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment