Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend Recap

Friday night, we kicked off the weekend by heading to Speakeasy, which is a classic 1920's inspired bar, complete with Prohibition-era cocktails, fine wines & rare ales. It opened a while ago but this was my first time going. They had a variety of cocktails to choose from and I liked the atmosphere. We stayed there for a few drinks before heading to Main Street. It has been a while since I've been out on a Friday night in Sparkle and it was fun to see everyone. 
Saturday morning, I decided to branch away from my normal breakfast and I made fried eggs with sauteed kale and tomatoes. It was the perfect breakfast to eat before heading to the barn to ride a few horses. I was full for most of the morning. 
Saturday night, we headed to a coworker's house for dinner. We had the best time just being together and playing Heads Up. Two of my favorite moments were when we were acting out Stop, Drop, and Roll and Receiving a Shot. If you haven't played this game, you need to download it asap.
Sunday morning, I pulled out my crock-ette to try a new recipe. I was only slightly afraid of catching the apartment on fire but thankfully Sara kept an eye on it while I went to the barn. This crock-ette was a wedding present to my parents 30 years ago and doesn't even have an on/off switch or a high/low setting - all you do is plug it in. Now that I know it is safe, I can't wait to use it again.
Colleen was coming over for dinner so I decided to make Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken. I halved the recipe and subbed red wine vinegar for the cider vinegar but kept everything else the same. I served the chicken on a sandwich thin with a broccoli slaw mix and homemade sweet potato fries. This is a meal that I will definitely make again.
We had an event yesterday so it was not a long weekend for us but I enjoyed being home without too much going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment