Pad Thai Soup Adapted from Closet Cooking
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled and deviened
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sriracha to taste
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large sauce pan while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Add the shallot, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, Sriracha and mushrooms to the broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles as directed and divide between 4 bowls.
- Add the shrimp to the soup and simmer until cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the eggs into the soup in a thin stream while stirring the soup.
- Add the bean sprouts and remove from heat.
- Ladle the soup over the noodles and garnish with green onions, extra bean sprouts, and Sriracha.
Option: You can also garnish the soup with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Enjoy!