Friday, January 24, 2014

Fun Facts Friday

1. I told you last week how I was experimenting with growing my own green onions. Look at them go! An added bonus is that they don't need sunlight.

2. We stepped up our dodge ball game this week. We gave the soccer team a run for their money by winning two of the matches (or games or whatever they are called but we lost overall). I got three people out and was way too excited about it.

3. I finally finished watching Season 3 of Downton Abbey. Mainly because Sara made a point to turn it on every time we went home for lunch. Now I just need to catch up on the beginning of Season 4. I'm hoping to make it through this season without hearing or reading any spoilers. I knew the outcome of Season 3 long before I started watching it.

4. I have been so mixed up on my days. Mom came to visit on Tuesday of last week and I was convinced that the week should be over after she left. Having an event on Monday of this week has also thrown me off.

5. CB hit the nail on the head with this post. Something out of nothing. I need to be reminded of this constantly.

6. We went to lunch at one of my favorite Thai places earlier this week. They bring fried noodles to the table to munch on. After going through two small bowls and asking for more, our waitress brought us this. Never mind that there were just three of us. We took it as a challenge to finish the whole plate. Mission accomplished.

7. I had my first Cookout milkshake (or first Cookout experience for that matter) this week - chocolate peanut butter fudge. Holy moly. So good. I'm not sure what took me so long to jump on that train.

8. I baked a cake for Ashley's birthday and used the batter finger that May Lo got me for Christmas. It might be my new favorite kitchen utensil. I also subbed the oil in the cake for coconut oil and once again everyone loved it. I think from now on I will only use coconut oil when I bake.

9. Ashley and Jason came over for game night and introduced us to Imaginiff. It's a board game where players answer silly questions about the other players. We were laughing out loud in no time. Make sure you add this to your list of games to play!

10. We are heading to Charleston today for a weekend full of shenanigans with our college friends and I can't wait to see everyone.

11. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment