Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Girls Night

On Friday night, Sara, Ashley, and I had a girls night at our apartment. Sara and I always say that Ashley would be our third roommate if she wasn't married, so it was the perfect time for the three of us to hang with her husband being away. I'd pinned a few recipes from How Sweet Eats that I wanted to try and the two of them were happy to indulge in my finds.

We started the evening with chips, salsa, and gauc. Normally, I make my own guacamole but Publix had a premade variety on sale that we doctored up with some onion powder, salt, and lime.
For the main dish, we made Jessica's Brussel Sprout Tacos with Caramelized Shallot Salsa. We pretty much followed her recipe to a T, other than leaving out the cilantro in the salsa because I forget to buy it and subbing regular paprika for smoked. This may be my new favorite way to eat Brussel Sprouts!
We washed everything down with her Pomegranate Margaritas. We ended up using Pom-cranberry juice instead of straight Pomegranate. Don't be turned off by the use of simple syrup. It is really easy to make! We also took her advice and bought lime juice instead of squeezing a bunch of limes.
For dessert, Ashley made this Skinny Brownie Batter Dip that we dipped Teddy Grahams in. I had forgotten how much I like those bear shaped graham crackers!
We had the best time just chatting and playing Cards Against Humanity. We only had to Urban Dictionary a few things. My favorite by far was "pixelated bukkake" which means casually checking urban dictionary while playing CAH. Clearly we are not the only ones.
It really was the perfect way to end the week. I wouldn't mind having a girls night every Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment