Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Recap

Friday night I had every intention of going out until I started watching Pride and Prejudice for the umpteenth time. It is one of my all time favorites, with lines like "you have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you" and Jane's response of "yes, a thousand times yes" when Mr. Darcy proposes. I just love it so much.
Saturday started bright and early with Junior League orientation. When it was over, we walked across the street to the Hamilton for lunch. The Hamilton is not only a restaurant but also a music venue. Since most of us had never seen the downstairs before a manager gave us a tour. Talk about a cool set up. Apparently, they do a Gospel Brunch on Sundays. I think all of us added it to our DC bucket list.
That afternoon, we went to see Bachelorette. It was pretty raunchy but funny. I appreciated their "forget everyone, I love ice cream" outlook on life.
For dinner, we headed to Slate Wine Bar which just opened in Glover Park. The food and wine were both delicious. I'm excited to take my mom there when she visits. It is the perfect neighborhood spot.
We ended our marathon day at Mason Inn. Thankfully I had no plans on Sunday and was able to catch up on everything and prepare for a busy week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment