Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Last Few Days

Saturday: I volunteered with the Junior League at the National Book Festival on the Mall. You would not believe the number of people who came to have books signed and visit the different tables in the Pavilion of States.
Sunday: After a fun brunch at Medium Rare, we went to watch the Nationals take on the Brewers. We could not have asked for prettier weather. 
My favorite part of the game is always the President's Race when George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt run around the field. Don't ask my why they do it but it is pretty hysterical to watch. Poor Teddy has never won. There is a whole blog about it.
Monday: We took our board members on a tour of the National Gallery of Art before dinner at the Caucus Room. That would be our tour guide in the middle. He is talking, not doing the robot. I'm not sure the security guards would have appreciated a flashmob dance party in the middle of the gallery. On second thought, maybe they would. Next time?
Tuesday: It was a Starbucks kind of morning to get through the day long board meeting. I'm glad I can cross this off the to-do list. 
Wednesday: National Sibling Day. ILY.
Thursday: I finally took the time to put my office back together. My white board came crashing down a few weeks ago and has been sitting on the floor ever since. We hung it back up along with a 2013 calendar. It is hard to believe that we are already planning events for next year. 
And that's the last few days in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment