Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When in Doubt, Add Butter

That's the title of the last book I read - which I highly recommend by the way. I was laughing out loud while reading it.

It was also the theme of last night's election party dinner.

Our girls' Bible study merged with the boys' for a potluck dinner at Liz and Mark's house. We had quite the feast. On the menu: sausage dip, coconut chicken with honey mustard sauce, sautéed brussels sprouts, mixed green salad, sweet potato casserole, chocolate chip cookies, and pumpkin bars. Here are a few of the recipes:

Sausage Dip
This has been a staple in our family for as long as I can remember.

  • 1 package sausage (we like hot)
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes
  • 1 package cream cheese 
Brown sausage in skillet, drain. In a clean skillet, mix sausage with tomatoes and cream cheese. You can either serve straight from the stove or place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with Tostitos or Fritos. 


Pioneer Woman's Soul Sweet 'Taters
source
I have yet to try a recipe from the Pioneer Woman that I did not like. Liz made her sweet potato casserole and it was incredible. It could have been dessert with the sugary, pecan topping.

source
My roommate introduced me to this recipe during our sophomore year of college and I have made them every year since. Think pumpkin pie meets cake. So good. 

So even though we don't know what the next four years hold, at least we can always add butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment