Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Recap

On Saturday, I worked two volunteer shifts for the Junior League. This weekend was their annual Holiday Shops, a four-day shopping event featuring a variety of merchants with all the proceeds going to the League's literacy efforts.
My first shift was during the general shopping hours and we were pretty busy most of the afternoon. Our table was upstairs and I enjoyed being able to people watch. My second shift was that night for the Libations for Literacy Charity Auction. I loved seeing everyone decked out in there holiday wear. It made me excited for Christmas parties and holiday festivities. 
Sunday, I was in charge of the hospitality table at church. I was going to make a coffee cake from scratch but ran out of time so I ended up picking up a box mix at the store. Not only did it make our house smell incredible while it was baking, it also tasted pretty delicious. There wasn't a crumb left in the pan. 
source
While it was a busy weekend, I enjoyed doing something valuable with my time and lending a hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment