On Saturday, Mary and I hosted a brunch at our house for a group of girls. The menu included: English muffins and scones, breakfast casserole, cinnamon roll-ups, and yogurt parfaits.
Cinnamon Roll-ups from Full Moon, High Tide
1 loaf of thinly sliced bread, crusts removed
1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll bread flat and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons sugar, mixing well. Spread mixture on bread and roll tightly.
- Comine 1 cup sugar and cinnamon, blending well. Dip bread in butter, then cinnamon mixture.
- Arrange on baking sheet and freeze. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
These are always a hit. You can make them ahead of time and keep them in the freezer until you are ready to use them.
2 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons good honey
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
I layered the yogurt in mason jars with fresh fruit and granola. So easy and clean up was a breeze. We just put the tops on the leftover jars and stuck them in the fridge.
|Some of the girls.|
We had the best time enjoying the beautiful weather on our patio. I would say it was a successful brunch judging by the fact that people were still at our house at 6pm when I left for the evening. I don't know why we don't entertain more often.