Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

I was really looking forward to this past weekend. Not only was it a long weekend but my mom came to visit. She has come up a few times since I've been up here, twice to help me move and once with May Lo, but never to hang out just the two of us. It was so fun having her all to myself for a few days.

On Friday, I took a half day and met her at my house to unload her car. She drove up here instead of flying to bring me a dining room table and chairs. It drove her crazy that my roommates and I used to eat dinner while sitting on the couch. A few trips to the thrift store and the problem was solved! If anyone wants to come over for dinner, I will be happy to cook for you.
I feel so grown up now.
Once the car was unloaded, we drove out to Upper Marlboro to watch Ariat Finals at Capitol Challenge. Competing in the Finals is on my bucket list, so I highly enjoyed watching the class and taking it all in. We weren't on the show grounds more than two minutes before I told my mom how much I miss it. I am already planning my comeback. 
Anyone know of a 3 foot eq horse I can borrow?
Saturday, we went for a long walk on the water and then tooled around Alexandria. For dinner, we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Eastern Market, Acqua al 2. Part of the decor is signed dinner plates on the wall. The plates don't really fit in with the rest of the restaurant but some of them are pretty entertaining. 
I am not sure who these people are, but I appreciate their life goals.
On Sunday, we stayed in Georgetown and hit M Street. I had the best time picking out the tablescape for the dining room table and this side table. We had some good laughs talking about the origin of the painting below. If only I could share it without incriminating a few people.
The contraband has finally found a resting place.
Sunday afternoon, we drove to Richmond to see some family friends. If you are ever in the area, you have to eat at Millie's Diner. From the outside it looks like a dive, but the food is incredible. 
On Monday, I took the train back into the city while Mom headed to SC. If only every weekend could be a long weekend and Mom could visit more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment