Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lacking Inspiration

I seem to be lacking in the inspiration department this week. Most of the time, I form my blog posts in my head before I ever even start to type them. This week I have had a few ideas but I can't seem to put any words behind them. So today, I leave with you a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson. I had it hanging in my dorm room senior year and ran across it over the weekend while I was cleaning out some old papers. It is now hanging on my bulletin board at work. Enjoy.


What is Success?
To laugh often and love much;


To win the respect of intelligent people
 and the affection of children;


To earn the appreciation of honest critics 
and endure the betrayal of false friends;

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child,
 a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;


To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment