Monday, March 9, 2015

Lately

Life has been a little crazy and my posts have fallen by the wayside so I figured we could catch up with a lately post. 
I've still been using my spiralizer. I made these Sweet Potato Buns with Almond Butter and Honey for breakfast. The buns themselves are pretty versatile so I want to try them with grilled chicken or a hamburger. 
WAC hosted their annual Black and Gold Ball a few weeks ago. My students did a great job planning the event and it was fun to see it all come together.
I curled my hair for the evening and thought it was comical how many people did not recognize me/had to do a double take.
We've had some crazy winter weather over the past two weeks. One of the nice things about living downtown is that the city not only salted the sidewalk in preparation for the ice/snow but they also plowed the street.
I'm feeling pretty good about my upcoming race. I'm up to running 4.25 miles outside and 5 miles on the treadmill. I came down with the stomach bug last week and had to take a few days off from exercising. I'm hoping it did not set me back too much. 
I house sat/keep three teenagers over the weekend and had a little too much fun playing mom. We had big breakfasts, baked lots of yummy things, and had the best time just hanging out.
I experienced my first pj day at Bruster's. Nothing like rocking a onesie for free ice cream (and no, I doubt actually own one. I borrowed it). 

And these are just a few things that have been happening lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment