Friday, February 27, 2015

The Friday Five

1. Reading:
Reading this book is like sitting down to visit with a best friend. It's good for the soul. I borrowed it from the library but want my own copy to mark up and cook from.

From Amazon: Bread & Wine is a collection of essays about family relationships, friendships, and the meals that bring us together. This mix of Anne Lamott and Barefoot Contessa is a funny, honest, and vulnerable spiritual memoir. Bread & Wine is a celebration of food shared, reminding readers of the joy found in a life around the table. It’s about the ways God teaches and nourishes people as they nourish the people around them.

2. Eating:
On Sunday I felt like baking so I made this Healthy Cinnamon Coffee Cake. I've been eating it for breakfast with plain greek yogurt and berries.

3. Listening to:
Neal Carpenter's album Good Guys
My favorite songs are Line in the Sand, Dance, and Good Guys.
He just so happens to be going on tour with Steve Moakler.
Sadly, they aren't coming anywhere near Sparkle City.

4. Recipe I'm pinning:
Mushroom Barley Soup from Two Peas and Their Pod. 
I've been craving soup with all this cold weather (see below).

5. Things making me laugh:
It's crazy to think that this dress has caused such a stir on the internet. 
Clearly it is white and gold!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment