Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Weekend Recap

On Friday afternoon, Amy and I jumped in the car to head to Charleston for the weekend. 
We left a few hours before Sara, so we stopped on Daniel Island to kill some time and enjoy the nice weather before heading to her house.
I ordered a Shocktop and it came in a fill from the bottom cup. These fun inventions haven't reached Spartanburg yet and I may have made a small mess trying to figure out how it works. Lesson learned.
After our happy hour adventure, we headed to the store to pick up some necessities for the weekend. I had never had dill pickle chips before and kind of wish I didn't know they existed now.
Saturday morning, we headed straight to the dock for the day. With the sun, beer, boiled peanuts, and watermelon, we were happy campers.
The activities for the day included fishing (for them) and reading (for me).
Sunday morning, I headed to Mt. Pleasant for brunch with Corby and Elliott. I was being indecisive about heading to Charleston until I found out Corby was going to be in town. We hadn't seen each other since the fall and I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to visit! Sara and her mom suggested Five Loaves Cafe and our meal hit the spot. Elliott and I both had the quiche of the day with butternut squash, ham, zucchini, and red peppers. I would definitely go back next time I am in town. 
source
That afternoon, Amy and I said our goodbyes and headed back to Sparkle City. 
I spent Monday getting ready for the week ahead, seeing Heaven is for Real, and eating dinner with friends before watching the Bachelorette. It was a great Memorial Day weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment