Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weekend Recap

On Friday morning, I headed to Charleston to celebrate Lash's graduation from Medical School. I missed the ceremonies but met up with everyone for a picnic lunch. After lunch, we headed downtown to get settled in. 
We stayed at a friend's condo right off of King Street and took full advantage of the rooftop throughout the weekend.
Everyone came over for a drink before dinner including Lash's family. It has been a long time since the five of us were all together.
Not long after, we headed to Fulton Five for dinner. Since we had a large crowd (11 people to be exact), they seated us in a private room upstairs and used a pre-set menu. I started with the antipasto spoleto - mozzarella and tomato wrapped in romaine and grilled prosciutto with cauliflower puree and basil balsamic dressing. Hands down it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I ordered the shrimp and pasta as my main dish and had a few bites of the scallops and grouper. I would highly recommend going there if you are ever celebrating a special occasion in Charleston.

Saturday morning mom and I got up to go for a walk. We walked out of our bedrooms and realized we were matching. Like mother like daughter. 
After walking the battery, we returned to ML and Lash's to help them pack. Even though they are staying in Charleston for Lash's residency they are moving to a house. On to the next chapter!
Saturday night, we made a homemade pizza before watching the sunset from the rooftop. Sunday morning, we repeated Saturday with another walk and more packing. It was a great weekend overall and I am so excited for Lash to officially be a doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment