Sunday, August 28, 2011

What I Baked on Sunday

Egg & Veggie Scramble
I am not usually an egg person, unless they are hard boiled or a small part of a recipe. My mom doesn't even like to touch eggs, so it was not something we had a lot for breakfast growing up. This morning, I woke up wanting something heartier than my usual oatmeal so I decided to venture into the land of omelet making. I chopped up some veggies but when it came time to assemble the omelet, I realized I was in uncharted territories. Having no idea what I was doing, I decided to make a veggie scramble instead. It turned out well and was the perfect breakfast, served alongside a toasted english muffin (don't worry that's cream cheese not butter).

Chicken Alfredo
As you can see from my previous post, I cooked a lot of noodles but wasn't sure what to do with them. I decided to use whatever I had in the fridge to throw together some sort of creamy alfredo sauce. I started with some butter and cream cheese (like I said, whatever I had in the fridge). Once that was melted, I poured in some half and half (no measurements here, just eyeballed it). I let that simmer for about 5 minutes and then I added in a crushed garlic clove and mozzarella cheese. I was a little skeptical that I had made a milky/runny mess but the sauce thickened up perfectly and was absolutely delicious.

Frosty Toffee Bits Pie
I actually made this yesterday for Liz's birthday but it was so good I had to share. I found the recipe on Pinterest and loved how quick and easy it was. I ended up making my own graham cracker crust. It was simple and I had all of the ingredients. I am not going to lie, it might be my favorite part of the whole pie. Other than that, I followed the recipe to a t. I will definitely make it again and maybe use butterfingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment