Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was jammed packed but so much fun. Friday night, my roommate and her fiance hosted an impromptu dinner party. After dinner, everyone came over for dessert. On the menu was Individual Raspberry Cobblers from the Pioneer Woman, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. They were divine!

On Saturday, we started the day with a Kitchen and Recipe Shower for Carrie, who is getting married Labor Day weekend. I gave her a brownie pan and the recipe for Lemon Blueberry Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod.
I made them for Bible Study the other week and they were gone before I knew it!

After the shower, we headed out to Leesburg, VA to Old Lucketts Store. It's an antique store offering everything from furniture, architectural elements, art and mirrors, lighting fixtures, and clothing. The "vintage hip" vibe could be seen throughout the store.
While I didn't find anything that I couldn't live without, it was a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Following our excursion, we all reconvened to celebrate Abianne's birthday. She recently moved into a new house and they are hoping to throw a themed party every month. Last night, the theme was "We Pledged for a Reason."
Here we all are rocking our letters, pearls, and croakies. It definitely made me miss my college days.

Tonight, my cousin and her husband are coming to stay with us as they pass through on their way to Boston. We are having a cookout with all of their friends and I am in charge of dessert. Instead of making something completely from scratch, I decided to give this box mix a try from Trader Joe's. Hopefully it will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment