Sunday, August 14, 2011

What I Baked on Sunday

Confession: I may or may not have an obsession with food blogs. I find myself looking at them during my lunch break, when I have a few minutes of down time at work, when I get home, and before I go to bed.

One thing I noticed from all the different blogs is that most of the recipes overlap. [This is probably a good thing, since I am trying to ween myself from this obsession.] But I also saw that a lot of food bloggers participate in What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW), where they document everything that they eat during the day.

So, instead of joining the crowd, I decided that I would introduce What I Baked on Sunday. Sundays are my day to prepare for the week ahead and I normally find myself baking up a storm in the kitchen. I am hoping that this will become a weekly post but with my crazy life, I can't make any promises.

What I Baked on Sunday Edition 1

Stuffed Shells
I didn't really follow a recipe. I just used some jumbo shells, frozen spinach, ricotta cheese, tomato sauce, and mozzarella.
In my opinion, you can't go wrong with that combination.


Homemade Granola
I was inspired by the fruit, yogurt, and granola bar that was at Carrie's shower. I used this recipe from Get Off Your Tush and Cook but used extra flax seed meal as a substitute for wheat germ and used apple sauce instead of juice. My granola was a little bit crispier without the liquid, so I would recommend cooking it for less time if you omit the juice. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to breakfast this week!


Trader Joe's Truffle Brownies 



No comments:

Post a Comment