Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

On Friday, we were all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Hurricane Irene. I took my lunch break later in the afternoon and headed to the park in front of our office to read. A few pages in, I looked up and saw this:
Ducks. In the middle of downtown DC, coming to bathe in the fountain. Being a low country girl, it sort of reminded me of home - except I wasn't in a duck pond watching the sunrise. 

Later that afternoon, Liz and I headed over to Steph's house for dinner. This was the view from the car:
A perfect rainbow.

It was as if God was reminding me of the beauty in the world; encouraging me to remember who was in control as we waited on the storm. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).

No comments:

Post a Comment