Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Recap

Friday night, Ashley came over to help me pack. We talked about making dinner but figured that would take away from our packing time so we decided on Panera instead. I wanted to try their new broth bowls and ordered the Soba Noodle Bowl with Edamame and the Lentil Quinoa Bowl with Chicken for us to share. I was impressed with both of them. 

We caught up over a glass of wine before tackling the kitchen. We made quick work of things especially when you consider how much kitchen stuff I have.
Saturday, we headed to Greenville to run some errands. It is rare that I get to downtown Greenville early in the day but I could not believe how empty the streets were. Our first stop was Anthropologie. I was intrigued by their display of ribbons. I will keep this in mind for when mom dismantles my wall of fame in my bedroom at home. 
Anthro was having a great sale and I picked up these glasses for my bar. I am obsessed with them! 
We also hit up Bed Bath and Beyond and Target before going to Zoe's for lunch. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Zoe's food/miss working there. I wish we had one in Spartanburg. Who knows, maybe one day I will open one. 

Our last stop of the day was Trader Joe's. I can't go to Greenville without stopping there. Once we were back in Spartanburg, I ran a few more errands before heading home for the day. The evening was filled with popcorn for dinner, a Hallmark movie (judge away), and some crafting. I will share what I made later this week.
Sunday morning, I tried Grace Presbyterian and really liked it. I look forward to going back. After a run outside, it was back to the packing. Do you think I have an excessive amount of books? Amy got the gold star for dusting them all before putting them in boxes. 
Sunday night, we had a dinner on campus in honor of MLK Day. We still had to work today but instead of heading straight to the office, we spent the morning volunteering at Camp Mary Elizabeth.
It was a busy weekend but I am glad that I was able to get some much accomplished. T-minus four days until I move into my own place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment