Wednesday, January 7, 2015

DIY Wednesday

I got really into do-it-yourself projects while I was home over the break. The first project I tackled was painting a bedside table and mirror for my new apartment. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue. I've never really painted furniture, other than spray painting some wicker porch furniture, so I was thankful for the instructions that came with it. This paint is really user friendly in that you don't have to sand or prime the surface before you start painting. I simply wiped the dust off with a paper towel and got to work. The table required three coats while I only did two on the mirror. I finished both the mirror and table with a light wax coat. Annie Sloan offers both light and dark wax and different application tips for various end results. I love the way they turned out and can't wait to see how they look in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment