Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Whole 30 - Week 2

Week 2 of the Whole 30 went well. The first week, I really missed cheese. This week, I was craving all things chocolate but resisted until the weekend when I treated myself to some ice cream. My grocery bill was a little higher than normal this week but I stocked up on almond butter and chicken and also bought salmon. 
Breakfast
I added Canadian bacon to my breakfast menu this week. Most days, I had a hard boiled egg with a banana and a slice of Canadian bacon. Saturday, I added half of a sweet potato with almond butter and cinnamon to the mix. I liked the combo and it keep me full until the early afternoon.
Lunch
I continued to eat big salads for lunch. I added in roasted sweet potatoes for more variety a few days. I also baked salmon for dinner one night and had the other piece over a salad for lunch on Saturday.
Dinner
On Monday night, I had steak, roasted sweet potatoes, and a big kale salad. I used this recipe to make a sweet and spicy balsamic vinaigrette.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, I made this herb chicken saute served with roasted green beans and spaghetti squash.
Thursday, I had salmon over a kale salad with roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Normally I like roasted cauliflower better than broccoli but the broccoli stole the show with lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
On Friday, I went out to sushi with some friends. Thank goodness for rolls without rice!

Two weeks down, two more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment