Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day

Wofford closed yesterday because of the winter storm. I know having a snow day shouldn't be such a surprise but I am pretty sure this is only the fifth time we've closed since the Civil War. I was honestly kind of shocked to get the text message alert.
Since I was already wide awake at 6:30, I figured I might as well take advantage of the day. I read my devotional and got up to get a workout in. I turned on Jillian Michael's 6 Week Six-Pack Abs video. This was the first time I'd ever done this video and I really liked it. I worked up quite the appetite, so I decided to scramble some eggs with sauteed spinach, tomatoes, and feta. It hit the spot for the second day in a row.
After folding a load of laundry and getting dressed for the day, I set up a make-shift desk at our entry way table to get some work done. My roommate is traveling this week and while I certainly miss having her around it was probably better for my productivity to have the apartment to myself.
I was surprised to hear all of the cars driving by on the street. I thought everyone would have been hunkered down for the day. I thought about going to the grocery store for some baking essentials but was advised not to. I can't believe I ran out of sugar, butter, and chocolate chips. Snow day baking fail!
I did find this recipe for Avocado Hummus that I had all the ingredients for. My waistline will probably thank me for making a semi-healthy snack instead of something chocolaty. (Semi-healthy relative to how many crackers/pretzel chips you consume with it).

I enjoyed being able to work from home although I definitely hit a slump around 3pm. I pushed through until 5 and rewarded myself with a glass of wine. I am still loving the Apothic Red. I wanted something hearty yet healthy for dinner, so I cooked a steak and made a roasted vegetable salad with brussel sprouts, cauliflower, peppers, and spinach.
This was the first time I've tried roasted spinach and it added a nice crunch to the salad. I ended the day with Netflix and snow cream. And now I get to do it again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment