Friday, February 21, 2014

Fun Facts Friday

1. This week has flown by! That might have something to do with the fact that I had an event on Monday and went to Columbia on Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday morning. You can't beat taking a half day to spend the night with Mom.

2. While I was in Columbia, I stopped by Fleet Feet and picked up a new pair of tennis shoes. I always wait too long to replace my tennis shoes and am excited to have a new pair.

3. We also stopped in Hay Hill Garden Market. I am super excited about the orchid and fruit bowl that I found, especially because the bowl was 50% off!

4. I am loving this spring like weather. It is hard to believe that this time last week there was snow on the ground and yesterday it was 70 degrees!

5. On Sunday night, I experimented in the kitchen and cooked pork chops for the first time. I was impressed with how it turned out. I pinned a couple of recipes but decided to just season the pork with salt and pepper. After cooking it on the George Foreman, I topped it with a thrown together version of pepper jelly - peach jam and red Thai chilies. It was rather delicious.
 
6. The clock on the dashboard in my car has randomly stopped working. Talk about throwing you off. I get in the car to go somewhere, check the time, drive for a while, and glance at my clock only to realize it hasn't changed.

7. On Wednesday night, my small group went to a parishioner's house to learn how to make cheesecake. We had the best time munching on appetizers and just being together. The best part of the evening was when we put all the cheesecakes in the oven and our host proceeded to pull an already baked one out of his refrigerator for us to enjoy. It was a Food Network moment.
8. While we were at his house, I learned how to crack an egg one-handed. Another skill to add to my cooking resume!

9. Last night, Wofford played Furman in the second to last home game of the season. We had a great time cheering on the Terriers before heading to a young alumni after party.

10. Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment