Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend I hopped in the car to spend the weekend with ML and celebrate Kristen and Chandler. Friday night, we ate a delicious take-out dinner from Crust (try the butternut squash pizza) before heading to the rehearsal after party.
Saturday, we spent the morning on King Street knocking out some Christmas shopping. Pottery Barn was all decked out for the holidays. As much as I love getting in the Christmas spirit, I wish stores would wait until after Thanksgiving.
My favorite find of the day was this pair of boots. They were supposed to be for Christmas but I couldn't wait to wear them.

We decided to stop at Co for lunch to refuel and we were not disappointed. In Vietnamese, Co means feast and that we did. We split the pork and ginger gyoza. ML had the beef pho and I tried the bun xao. They make their own hot sauces and I think the hot one may rival Sriracha.
When we got back to the house, I wrapped some Christmas presents. My favorite part was making this bow out of extra wrapping paper. I can't find the tutorial that I used but it was super easy. 
That afternoon we traded our walking shoes for our dancing shoes and heading to Kristen and Chandler's wedding. The wedding was at St. Andrews and the reception was on the water at Alhambra Hall. The setting was absolutely beautiful.
Kristen did a great job planning the day and you could definitely tell she spent a lot of time on the details. The fireplace filled with mirrors and candles in the center of the room was gorgeous.
She also wore her grandmother's dress to the ceremony and her mother's dress to the reception. Both were beautiful.
I had a great time celebrating with everyone before heading to Georgetown to spend the night with my parents. It made for a long drive back on Sunday but thankfully this week is only a two day work week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment