Friday, August 16, 2013

Fun Facts Friday

1. It is hard to believe that this is only my third week of work. I feel like I've been here a lot longer. I guess that is what happens when you end up where you are supposed to be.

2. One of my first stops when I got to Spartanburg was the library. #nerdalert Thankfully it is still in walking distance from my new place. (double nerd alert?)

3. I also happen to be living above one of my favorite stores. I made the mistake of stopping by the other day on my lunch break to speak to the owner/family friend. Next thing I know, I left with six new things. They were all 75% off but still my closet is rather small.

4. I made brownies last week and subbed coconut oil for the vegetable oil. Holy moly they were so good. I thought it was just because I hadn't had brownies in a while but my roommate and coworker agreed that the substitution took them to the next level.

5. My bedroom is windowless, so I started using the Wake-up Lite app as my alarm. Thirty minutes before my alarm goes off, my phone brightens and birds start chirping when it is time to wake up.

6. I just realized that I never programmed my voicemail when I got my new phone back in January. Sorry for any confusion.

7. The other day May Lo and I were on the phone both using speaker phone. We said goodbye but neither one of us hung up. She left the room and when she came back she heard singing but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It was me.

8. We went through quite the debacle with Direct TV. Three visits from the techs, countless phone calls, and a free month later, they finally figured everything out. It's not rocket science people.

9. After 8 years together, I traded in my car for a newer model. It was bittersweet saying goodbye to Dora the Explorer but it was time for an upgrade. DC was rough on her.

10. I had a minor freak out when I realized I left one of my Taylor Swift cds in my old car. You think I'm kidding; I'm not. And yes, I have all of them. I asked my sister to go get it for me. Fortunately, she has it on her computer and is burning me a new copy.

11. One of the biggest differences between DC and SC is how conversations start. In DC, everyone wants to know where you work/who you work for. In SC, everyone is concerned about who you are dating. The conversations I have had over the past few weeks have been comical. Everyone from a campus safety officer to human resources to my new boss wants to know about my love life.

12. If I am not working an event or attending a wedding this fall, you can find me at the barn. I am so happy to be back and could not have asked for a warmer welcome. Even Monty Pony came home to welcome me back!

13. I didn't intend to get so wordy when I started writing. Thanks for making it to the bottom of this post.

14. Here's to a fun weekend in Sparkle City with the sissy. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment