Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What I Baked on Sunday

Gnocchi Edition

I have a new favorite food. It's gnocchi. I bought the potato gnocchi from Trader Joe's last week on impulse and it proved to be a solid choice.
I kept it simple the first time I cooked it and made a Brown Butter Sauce from How Sweet It Is. On the side I had chicken sausage and roasted green beans. They don't photograph well but these green beans are my favorite. Toss them in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour. They sugar caramelizes and the beans get crunchy and delicious. Try them soon!

I still have some gnocchi left and want to make this Crispy Gnocchi with Basil Pesto from Two Peas and Their Pod this week. 
source
Who knows, my next cooking endeavor might be making my own gnocchi!

No comments:

Post a Comment