Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What I Baked on Sunday

Desserts Edition

I love to bake. It's what I do. I like the precision involved. I like knowing that if I follow the recipe, it will more often than not come out perfectly. I even like washing the dishes once I've finished making a mess. There is just something therapeutic about being in the kitchen. So when I was asked to bring something for a birthday party, I knew just what I wanted to make.

Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
Source
The recipe is so easy and I had most of the ingredients on hand. Basically, you make a batch of egg-less cookie dough, mix in vanilla yogurt, and freeze it. Baker beware: this combination requires a lot of self control. Just ask my roommates, who with my help devoured most of it before the birthday celebration. Whoops.

I also made a batch of chewy fudge brownies. Thank goodness I had a back up. I was going to make Giada's Magic Bars but decided to keep it simple and just add chocolate chips to the box mix instead. You can't beat it. Chocolate chips are good for the soul.

Happy Birthday Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment