Sunday, August 19, 2012

Busy Bee

This week was jammed packed but tons of fun. Mary Loyal followed me back to DC for a work conference. Sunday night, we made dinner and took advantage of the cooler temperatures by eating dinner on our patio. Monday, she meet me at work and we headed to Founding Farmers for a drink before dinner at the Lincoln.
Brown butter and sage popcorn and fun drinks. 

The Lincoln is one of my favorite restaurants in DC but you need to go with a big group in order to try a variety of their small plates. Luckily, it was restaurant week so ML and I each chose four different courses. The highlights included brussels sprouts with smoked peaches, grilled brie, a kale salad, risotto, and this:
A summer trifle and a salted caramel sundae
Tuesday, we had dinner at Ping Pong Dim Sum in Dupont. Neither one of us had ever had dim sum before. The website defines dim sum as little steamed parcels of deliciousness and it did not disappoint.
Clearly, we hate sauces.
Wednesday, I had a Junior League meeting and Thursday, Margaret and I explored some options for the upcoming board dinner. It was so nice to have a low key weekend with nothing going on. I finally finished Season 1 of Downton Abbey and got to watch Derby Finals. I told Lucy this morning, that I could use a rainy day to catch up on laundry and clean my room. I guess mother nature heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment