Monday, March 5, 2012

What I Baked on Sunday

I recently moved into a new house with new roommates in Georgetown. (Fun fact: we are all from South Carolina, including the three girls next door.) The first week I was there, my roommates threw me a welcome pizza party, complete with the latest episode of the Bachelor of course. The next night, the girls next door cooked me a pancake supper as it was Shrove Tuesday. So, I decided to return the favor by hosting a dinner party for everyone last night.

We started with a cheese and fruit tray with Sundried Tomato Spread and Pimento Cheese:
I took this picture before I sliced the apples.
The main course consisted of an orzo pasta salad, panko ranch chicken, and roasted asparagus:

For dessert, we had strawberry sorbet and buttercrisp cookies that tasted like waffle cones:
Everything came together so easily. I made the orzo during the day on Sunday then threw the chicken and asparagus in the oven a few minutes before everyone arrived. It was so fun to catch up and eat a delicious meal before the week began.

No comments:

Post a Comment