Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Italian Store

One thing I love about living in the city is the hidden gems of places to eat. My roommates had told me about The Italian Store but yesterday was my first time actually going there.
 I did not have my camera with me, so this picture is from the blog Two DC.
I was a little skeptical because it is located in a strip mall but I was pleasantly surprised. The Italian Store offers just about everything you could ever need to recreate a little piece of Italy at home. From fresh made sandwiches, pizza by the slice, homemade ravioli, wines, cheese, etc, they had it all.

I had half of the Mozzarella sandwich for lunch and the other half heated for dinner.
Hello cheesy deliciousness.
It was so good - if you can't tell from my partially eaten sandwich, I got a little carried away before I snapped a picture.

This may be one for my new go to places. Be on the lookout for some Italian creations from my kitchen. Buona notte! (Goodnight!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment