Monday, October 20, 2014

Whole 30 - Week 4

I did not go grocery shopping for the last week since I was going to be at a conference for the majority of the time. I had to get creative with my food choices and did the best I could while traveling. Whole 30 is certainly doable while you are on the road but it gets hard when you are working with preset meals.

Breakfast
Our hotel did not offer a continental breakfast but we did have a kitchen in our room so I made sure to pack hard boiled eggs and plenty of bananas. On Sunday, I was happy to be back home and made another batch of paleo pancakes with lots of cinnamon while I watched USEF finals on my iPad.
Lunch and Dinner
Lunch and dinner the last week were a hodgepodge. I had a salad from Chick-fil-a for lunch on the way to the conference and a zalad from Zaxby's for dinner on the way home. I rarely eat at Zaxby's and was impressed by their grilled chicken. The nice thing about being in Myrtle Beach was the access to fresh seafood. We had a lunch on our own one day and I had a piece of blackened mahi with steamed veggies on the side.
Overall Thoughts
Even though I did not follow the Whole 30 guidelines to a T, I enjoyed experimenting with paleo. I did not set out to lose weight but I am down 4 pounds and a few inches. My energy levels are up and I am sleeping better at night. I really did not miss carbs or alcohol for that matter. I did struggle with sweets and will continue to work on my cravings. Going forward, I plan to implement the 80/20 rule (Paleo 80% of the time and 20% for when life happens). I would highly recommend the program to anyone looking to jump start clean eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment