Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Homecoming Recap

Last week/weekend was a busy one with all the homecoming festivities. Wednesday, we hosted Mr. Wofford and I can honestly say that I have not laughed that hard in a long time. The winner impersonated our Dean of Students during the costume round and absolutely nailed it. For our annual homecoming event on Thursday, we had a cookout and showed "Remember the Titans" on the jumbo tron at the football stadium.  
Friday, the majority of our staff headed to a conference on the other side of town. I am thankful that I get to work with such great people on a daily basis and take advantage of so many professional development opportunities.
That night was the annual Terrier Ball which was held at the Marriott this year. It was so fun to have ML and Lash in town and to be able to catch up with so many alums.
Saturday, I had to work for a few hours setting up the student tailgate lot and a brunch for the homecoming court before getting to tailgate with ML and friends.
During halftime, I got to go down on the field as we crowned our homecoming queen.
Saturday night we headed to dinner at Limeleaf before stopping by the Street Party. Overall, it was a great week/weekend. I love my new job and getting to assist the students with all their events. It was a crazy couple of days but it was so worth it - it only took me three whole days to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment