Friday, October 31, 2014

The Friday Five

1. Reading:
My boss recommended this to our entire staff.
From Amazon: Have you ever found yourself stretched too thin? Do you simultaneously feel overworked and underutilized? Are you often busy but not productive? If you answered yes to any of these, the way out is the Way of the Essentialist. The Way of the Essentialist isn’t about getting more done in less time. It’s about getting only the right things done. It is not a time management strategy or a productivity technique. It is a systematic discipline for discerning what is absolutely essential, then eliminating everything that is not, so we can make the highest possible contribution towards the things that really matter.

2. Eating:
source
This Thai Crunch Brussels Sprouts Salad from How Sweet Eats. I made this for lunch today and added shrimp for some extra protein. I can't wait to have the leftovers over the weekend.

3. Listening to:
Shocker, I know. I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous when I learned that 1989 wasn't going to be a country album. I wasn't sure anything could top Red but T Swift did it again. I've been listening to the album on repeat since Monday. I can't get enough of Style, All You Had To Do Was Stay, and Wildest Dreams or the rest of the album for that matter. 

4. Recipe I'm pulling out of the oven:
I took advantage of my day off today and had quite the kitchen dance party while making these Super Soft Glazed Pumpkin Cookies. I put the glaze on a few of them, left some plain, and then added chocolate chips into the last batch. So good!

5. Things making me laugh:

Happy Friday and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment