On Sunday after the wedding, we headed to Cracker Barrel for brunch. By the time I got back to Spartanburg, I was craving some veggies in a major way. I swung by the grocery store and picked up the ingredients for a green monster smoothie. It was the perfect afternoon snack and helped hit the reset button after a fun filled weekend. This is the base recipe that I use but you can customize it any way. Feel free to throw in some blueberries or kale - whatever you have on hand.
- 1 cup almond, soy, or regular milk
- 1 frozen sliced banana (if not frozen, add ice)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp ground flax (optional)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)