Sunday, June 26, 2011

Love is a Battlefield

I promise that all of my posts won’t revolve around song titles but this one has a story to go with it, so bear with me. Friday night after work, my coworkers and I went to Jazz in the Garden. The concert series, put on by the National Gallery of Art during the summer, features an array of jazz artists performing every Friday night. Everyone brings blankets and picnics and just hangs out for a few hours. I could not believe how many people were there, but clearly it is the perfect way to detox after a long workweek.
Carrie and me
(taken on my phone so not the best quality)
So after eating my body weight in pita chips and hummus and chatting it up with some of Carrie’s friends, we set off to find real food for dinner.
This was the sunset.
My phone camera doesn't do it justice.
It was around nine when we finally made it to the place we wanted to eat. Everyone in our group figured we would be in and out in no time since it was so late, but we waited for over 30 minutes to be seated. [Side note: that has probably been the biggest adjustment I’ve had to make, everything is done so much later in the city…but then again at school I always at dinner at 5:00pm] When we left the restaurant after 10:00pm, I could not believe how packed it still was. Wandering to the nearest Metro stop, we started singing the song from Thirteen Going on Thirty “Love is a Battlefield” (not the Jordan Sparks version but the Pat Benatar one). “We are young, heartache to heartache we stand/No promises, no demands…no one can tell us we’re wrong.” It was probably one of those you had to be there moments but it was so fun. Had the Metro not been so crowded, we might have actually broken out into song and dance on the way back to Virginia. 

1 comment:

  1. Luci, this is great! I just love being young and alive with you!

    ReplyDelete