Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Iowa Girl Eats

I want to be her. I blame my sister for my new obsession with this blog: http://iowagirleats.com/

This is the analogy I have created – Mary Loyal: Pioneer Woman :: Luci: Iowa Girl Eats. If you know ML, then this analogy makes sense. If you don’t, well then let’s just say we both have our own food blog idols now. 

I am all about some Asian flavor, which is right up Iowa Girl Eats alley.

Feeling inspired, I decided to try her 10 minute meal recipe for Cold Sesame Peanut Noodles over the weekend. 
It was super easy and so delicious. The perfect summer meal. I added bean sprouts and more peanuts as a garnish/extra crunch. I also went in for the kill by adding Sriracha sauce. It’s not an Asian sensation without a kick. 

Not one to let anything go to waste, I revisited her blog today for some more ideas of what to do with extra broccoli slaw, green onions, and tofu. After much debating (it took way more deliberating than it should have, there are too many good recipes to choose from) I decided on her Thai Peanut Noodles

I had to get a little creative because I did not feel like stopping by the store after work. I used vegetable oil instead of peanut oil, used garlic powder instead of cloves, and left out the chicken, edamame, snap peas, asparagus, and sesame oil. For the sauce, I used a combination of Sriracha and some sauce I found in the fridge to substitute for the chili garlic paste. But, even with all the missing ingredients, the dish was amazing! 

I can't wait to make it again....probably Thursday since I still have some ingredients left over!

No comments:

Post a Comment