Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits
(Recipe from Damn Delicious)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
For the topping:
Whisk 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter with 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and melted butter. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula until moist. Fold in the cheese.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush the tops of each biscuit with the butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.