Monday, April 23, 2012

Ben Rector and NeedtoBreathe

Last night, I did something spontaneous. At approximately 6:30pm, I decided I would go to a concert. Not just any concert, but Ben Rector and NeedtoBreathe. I had been debating on whether or not to go for a while. Their first show on Saturday night sold out and I had to babysit, so that one was easy to rule out. But then I on Sunday, I read Steph's Facebook status that said not only was she going back for night two but that it was the best concert she had ever seen. And with that I was sold. So I hopped in my car and headed over to the 9:30 Club. It was a fantastic decision.

Ben Rector is one of my favorite artists and he was so fun to watch live. He seemed to be having such a blast on stage. He didn't play for very long but covered all of my favorites including White Dress, the Beat, and When a Heart Breaks. Then it was time for The Reckoning.
Check out the typewriter background
NeedtoBreathe is one of the few bands that I think is better live than on their albums. The put on one heck of a show. It was neat watching brothers, Bear and Bo, interact on stage.

Their acoustic encore brought down the house.

If they were playing again tonight, I would definitely go. It was such a great start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment