These Coconut Macaroon Nests are the perfect addition to your Easter spread. Press the mixture into mini muffin tins to create bite-size baskets for your favorite Easter candies. For a chocolate version, fill each basket two-thirds full with melted chocolate before adding candies.
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living
4 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 package (14 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
1 package mini Cadbury eggs or your favorite Easter candy
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together egg whites and salt with a fork; mix in coconut. Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture into prepared tins.
- Lightly press mixture into bottom and up sides of each cup. Bake until light golden on top, about 28-30 minutes.
- Let cool in tins on wire rack for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the sides to loosen. Lift out of cups; let cool completely.
- To serve, fill nests with 2-3 mini Cadbury eggs.