Wednesday, December 19, 2012

25 Days of Christmas - Part 2

You can read my answers to the first 12 questions here.
source
13. Favorite Christmas book -  The Christmas story in the Bible. I also enjoy Twas the Night before Christmas and The Polar Express.

14. Real or artificial tree - Is this a trick question? Real. 

15. Best gift you've given - The jury is out on this one. One time, we gave my dad a cd with the edited version and instrumental version of "In Da Club" by 50 Cent. You would have to know my dad to understand why this was such a hit but he loved it.

16. Hardest person to buy for - My dad. He never wants anything but you have to have something to open on Christmas day.

17. Post a picture of an old Christmas card
I wish I knew what year this was from.
18. When do you open gifts? We always open presents on Christmas morning. We go through our stockings on my parents' bed, eat a big breakfast of sausage casserole and fruit, and then open gifts in the living room.

19. Favorite stocking stuffer - Our stockings are always filled with toiletries, some chocolate, and makeup. I think I have a lifetime supply of shaving cream!

20. Favorite Christmas meal - Barefoot Contessa Seafood Stew that mom always makes. The recipe is labor intensive but so worth it.

21. Do you travel for the holidays? It depends on the year. We are usually home unless we have a big trip planned. We went on a cruise once and every four years we celebrate Christmas with my dad's family at our farm. If we are home, sometimes we will jump in the car on Christmas day and head to my aunt's house in Orangeburg.

22. Eggnog or hot chocolate - Hot chocolate with marshmellows. I am not a fan of eggnog.

23. Your plans for Christmas 2012 - The Florida Keys. I cannot wait! We are driving down on Saturday and will be down there for a week. I am so ready to spend time with my family and be on vacation. The weather is going to be in the 70s and sunny. Kenny Chesney summed it up best when he sang "All I want for Christmas is a real good tan."

24. Favorite Christmas Eve tradition - I already answered this one, but the 11pm service at church. Thank goodness for live streaming so we can listen in this year!

Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away?!

No comments:

Post a Comment