Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Weekend Recap

Friday night, mom and dad swung into town for a quick visit. We hung out at my apartment for a few minutes before walking down to Lime Leaf for dinner. Fun fact, every time my mom comes into town we eat there. You can't beat their veggie spring rolls and shrimp pad thai. 

Saturday morning, the Junior League of Spartanburg hosted their first annual Storybook Breakfast at the Piedmont Club. It was a magical morning filled with lots of fun for kids of all ages. All of the tables were decorated like various storybooks, we had characters on hand to interact with the children, and a local author came to read her book. I served as vice-chair of this event and after almost a year of planning it was so neat to see everything come together!
I'm already looking forward to next year!

Saturday afternoon, I jumped in the car to head to my cousin's wedding. The reception was at the bride's house in Anderson. How cute are they walking into the reception after having dinner on the veranda? 
 Her dress was absolutely stunning! 
The food was delicious, the band was great, and the flowers were beautiful! It was so fun to spend the evening surrounded by so many family and friends. 

Sunday, I took mom and dad to church with me which was a treat. After stopping by a brunch, they headed back to the low country while I headed back to Spartanburg to get ready for the week ahead and bake some delicious things in the kitchen (recipe to come). It was a jammed packed weekend but so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment