Monday, February 17, 2014

What I Baked on Sunday

Snow Day Edition Plus Some

On Thursday, I braved the elements to pick up some much needed baking supplies. After two full days inside, I was ready to be out and about. Thankfully it is a straight shot to Publix from my house and the roads were fairly clear. I still can't believe I ran out of chocolate chips and sugar during the snow storm.
Once safely back at my apartment, I started working on a batch of Puppy Chow at the request of my coworkers. I made it for the Super Bowl and took the leftovers to work and everyone was raving about it. Instead of regular peanut butter, I used some dark chocolate peanut butter that I picked up at Aldi a while ago. You can't tell a difference and it adds to the chocolate element.
I also wanted to bake cookies and decided on this recipe for Flourless Fudge Cookies. There are only six ingredients and they came together pretty quickly. The batter resembled brownie batter which made me a little nervous when scooping them out but the cookies held their shape for the most part. I can't say that they were the prettiest but they still tasted good.
On Saturday, I headed to Greenville to see Mary Loyal and Lash. They were in town for an engagement party that they were hosting. After grabbing lunch downtown, we headed back to Kent and Caroline's house to prepare for the evening. The party was southern themed and May Lo was supposed to bring chicken and waffles and brownies. I left her in charge of the chicken and waffles but told her that we could do better than just brownies.
I ended up making Iowa Girl Eat's Brownie Mix Truffles. They are super easy to make and look so fancy. May Lo said they were a hit.
I loved getting to spend so much time in the kitchen last week. If only I could get snowed in more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment